Tips for Finding Rental Industrial Space
When it comes to finding industrial rental space, one of the most important things to consider is the rent. Not only is there monthly rent, but commercial leases often, sometimes, have additional fees. You should make sure to consider all of the fees plus rent plus any sort of utilities that will be required. When deciding on what you are looking for, this is a big thing to consider. It can also be helpful to look at what the average price per square foot for buildings in the area. You should also decide on what you need in terms of size, property type, accessibility, and zoning.
Size is a very important part of industrial work, as well. Not only that, but when looking at possible rental spaces, you need to determine if the layout is suitable to what you are expecting to do. It may have the square footage you are looking for, but the shape and layout could inhibit certain things.
There are a number of questions you can ask yourself when trying to determine these parameters. Some of those questions include the following:
- What are the contractor and service limitations? Does the industrial park where the rental is located require certain things like specific signs, lighting, or alarms?
- What about advertising limitations and appearance limitations? Perhaps there are restrictions on colors for signs or size limitations on those signs.
- Have you considered the utilities available at that specific location? Does your lease include utilities or are you responsible for them?
- Are there limitations for parking at the space? Your employees will need somewhere to park when they come to work.
- Are you permitted to renovate the space if needed? How will zoning ordinances affect your need to build out?
NAI Isaac Commercial Properties is based in Lexington, Kentucky and specializes in the leasing, sale, and management of large commercial real estate throughout Lexington and the surrounding areas of Central Kentucky. Our staff is professional and experienced in property management, leasing, acquisition or disposition of office, retail, and industrial properties, as well as investment and development opportunities. We want you to achieve the full potential of your business, and we are here to help you do that. We are the only real estate firm in Central Kentucky to achieve the AMO designation, so you can expect nothing less than the best. Give us a call today and let us know how we can help you!